Tuesday 30 April 2013

EPQ Update #1 Moodboard CRAZY XD

All my boards up on my noticeboad for CONTINUOUS inspiration ;)
So, I have been working like crazy on all sorts of different moodboards to decide what I want to inspire me for the makeup looks I am going to create for my Extended Project. Here are ALL my moodboards (I do not own the images and am only using them for inspiration, no intention to infringe copyright etc was made). I created 5 Boards in total (who am I kidding, they're just publisher bits of paper ;)). An Autumn/Winter 2013, Spring Summer 2013, Insects & Fish Inspired, Pop Art Inspired & Celebrity Perfume Bottle Inspired.>>>>>>


Autumn/Winter 2013 Board

1) So, the A/W Board was originally my favourite (most are MAC artists' Designs and creations for various Designers and Catwalks) I loved the intensity of blacks, golds and even reds in some cases! I pacticularly liked the wet leather red on the eye on the model on the very far right, so intense and gorgeous! I also really like the intensity and richness of the gold on the model above that, I instantly thought of using LOOK Beauty's Mono Eyeshadow in Luxe or Lame XD.



Spring/Summer Board peeking up behind the Fish and LadyBug Designs

2) Next Came the Spring/Summer 2013 Look Board. Most of which I really LOVED the Orange Lips :') I mean, I love Orange as my blush and lips anyway and when I saw all of these I was sat there like afgUYFGDJHfg! haha!
But, Apart from the Orange lips and use of Diamantes (from Dior) I really didn't find any INSPIRATION. And this is the problem I found with the A/W too, every look I came up with in my head looked tooo similar to the MAC designs I was seeing. :/




Fish, Insects (though you can't see Bumblebees) and Cats...
3) So, I decided to move out of the ol' Comfort zone and look at Insects, Fish & other Animalias XD. Bumblebees, you would think would be fantastic, yet Google Images failed to produce the ideas and inspirations I was craving by this time! Fish were few but perfectly fantastic with what I stumbled upon. I simply yearn to use circles and sequins in a similar way to these shown....and my possible favouite (yet the most quiet and wearable) is probably the eye shot left from the right corner, the fish incorporated to the corner of the eye is just stunning! However, I didn't think this was quite meaty enough for the 6 designs I need to come up with :S


4) Then, I was skimming through my inbox when I got reminded of the Fabulous NARS & Andy Warhol Collection. Having bought myself the Edie Box Set at Christmas-I suddenly went all tingly at the thought of googling Andy Warhol again!
So, my favourite pictures have to be those 3 in the bottom right, in fact all on the bottom row are incredible and very pop-arty-The bottom left hand corner is a very famous/commonly seen MAC artist's creation, next one along to that is Alice in Wonderland Inspired without being obvious, I love how it says Drink Me (against the lips-used to drink!?) <<I am sure you understood that but I had to say it XD. But my 2 favourite are the ones with that Neon Green/Yellowey Colour used!
Better Photo of the Pop Art Board!
Pop Art Inspired  Board, Perhaps the best ones are hidden, I'll take another photo...
















5) I then, randomly, just googled GAGA! (of course, pfft!) and found this fabulous Photo this girl had done inspired by the FAME bottle (bottom left corner) and EUREKA! THAT WAS IT!? Why had I not seen it sooner? Perfume Bottles (paticularly those by celebrities) Are Beautiful and very intricate and sexy and INSPIRING! They do not show a definite Makeup Look, they're open to design and suggestions!!! So, I have been going crazy over this idea :3
Perfume Bottles! YES!?

My Favourites so far are the GAGA one, Nicki Minaj and actually, Christina Aguilera's Red Sin :)
I'll do an update with my designs next, but BOY am I relieved to finally be happily set on an idea! :D Maybe EPQ wasn't such a terrible idea by my GATEway Teacher? ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment